Cultural Leadership, Individual Artist Achievement,
Emerging Artist, Arts in Education
Flame Art Awards
You might have a friend or neighbor that excels in the performing arts as a musical instrumentalist, dancer, actor or singer. That person could be outstanding in the visual arts as a painter, sculptor, photographer, or graphics designer. Perhaps that person isn’t an artist at all, but one whose involvement in the arts is either in financial support, as a positive catalyst or leader, or consistently gives an abundance of time.
Calendar for the awards:
|December 15, 2012||Call for Nominations|
|February 17, 2013||Deadline for Nominations|
|TBA||Meeting of awards committee|
|TBA||Presentation of Flame Awards|
Chose from the categories, download the form, and nominate for a Flame Award!
- Awards will show preference to Marco Island residents and those who support the Marco Island Arts Community
- Recognition is for specific achievement for the past calendar year (2011)
- Selection decision will be by a majority of members of the City of Marco Island Arts Advisory committee, who will be themselves ineligible for consideration.
- The Committee may invite experts in the arts to consult from time to time when it is felt that additional specific expertise may be required.
- If the committee decided there is not sufficient merit, some awards may not be awarded in any particular calendar year.
- Award forms may be filled out online, downloaded here, or picked up at island arts and culture organizations
- Completed nominations should be sent to:
Arts Afire! Flame Nomination
City of Marco Island
50 Bald Eagle Drive
Marco Island, Florida, 34145
Questions can be addressed to Laura Litzan, City Clerk, 239-389-5000